Wednesday, February 20, 2013

sculpey lamb inspired by Renée Kurilla

This week while trying to work on my Illustration Friday idea, I got really frustrated with my drawing and decided to take a break and do some sculpey instead. Most of the time when I make sculpey it's a snowman ornament for a friend or family member but yesterday I decided to try something different. While visiting one of my favorite artists blogs, Renée Kurilla, I was reminded again how much I love her Mary Had a Little Lamb series and was inspired to try to make one of the characters. I probably didn't do her artwork justice but here's my attempt at making Mary's little lamb :)


Here's a side shot from before I baked it and added gloss paint to the eyes, rain hat and boots.

Eventually I'd like to try making the Mary character too but I've only made maybe 4-5 sculpey people so that would be a pretty big challenge.

If you've never seen Renée's work, you should definitely check out her website and blog!

4 comments:

  1. That is so adorable! I love it :D
    There should be a mass production <3

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, thank you very much! I'm glad you like it :)

      Delete
  2. Wow you are so talented, he is perfect... love this little fella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Richard! thank you for the kind words,it's nice to hear. I can me my own worst critic sometimes :)

      Delete