Friday, October 16, 2009

doodles

I'm currently working on some illustrations for a children's book I wrote. I have an idea in my head what i want some of the characters to look like but i'm still experimenting- you'll see a few of them below. Since I haven't kept up with my drawing all these years I am quite rusty. Right now I'm just trying to get comfortable with drawing again. So far I've mostly just done doodles of faces but really need to learn how to draw the entire body. I have no training so I have alot to learn and improve on (like drawing the different facial expressions, gestures/movements). If anyone has any suggestions for books to reference please let me know. So far my reference and inspiration comes from watching lots of cartoons- specifically the mighty B! - best cartoon ever! Yeah so hopefully as I continue to post you will see an improvement on my drawing...fingers crossed. Also if anyone's interested in seeing some of my other work you can check it out at www.Jimondo.com



1 comment:

  1. We have "How to Draw Cartoons for Comic Strips" by Christopher Hart and "The Creative Cartoonist" by Dick Gautier. I like both of these b/c it shows you facial expressions as well as side views, sitting, etc and shows you the basic structure of the drawing as well as the final result.

    You also might check out the library and see if they have anything.

    -Kim

    ReplyDelete